Discuss movies (including free films)
raj101
8 1/2
8 1/2
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: kingston, wimbledon, wandsworth, fulham

Re: The Justice League

#11 Post by raj101 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:52 pm

D-Fens wrote:It's not Synders movie though is it. When I saw it Google was still saying the running time was 3 hours, this was supposed to be Justice League Part 1, a dark continuation of Batman v Superman.

As none of DCs output was meeting expectations they brought in Joss Whedon to lighten the tone and a lot was reshot.

Which might be why there's no story continuity, scenes are sparsely populated, it's full of jokes, CGI was rushed or the overall palette was brightened so it doesn't match and it's definitely why Superman has a CGI covered moustache.
i thought i read a figure that its still 75% Synders movie, or a figure around that.

In my view, the obvious Whedon additions were welcome, they only helped the movie. I dread to think what the original 100% Synder shoot was like, much like anyone would dread the uncut BVS,which must have been truly appalling at over 3 hours.

The comparative track records of Synder and Whedon with superhero movies supports that - Whedons have all been at least decent and watchable, whilst Snyders have all been hopelessly lost CGI affairs with few bright intervals except for the fair Watchmen.
fav 5 films of the year - Tenet, Bill n Ted 3, Invisible Man, JoJo Rabbit, ?

scootermcc
The Fifth Element
The Fifth Element

#12 Post by scootermcc » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:33 pm

D-Fens wrote:It's not Synders movie though is it. When I saw it Google was still saying the running time was 3 hours, this was supposed to be Justice League Part 1, a dark continuation of Batman v Superman.

As none of DCs output was meeting expectations they brought in Joss Whedon to lighten the tone and a lot was reshot.

Which might be why there's no story continuity, scenes are sparsely populated, it's full of jokes, CGI was rushed or the overall palette was brightened so it doesn't match and it's definitely why Superman has a CGI covered moustache.

I believe that Snyder had to withdraw from the film towards the end of its production due to the untimely death of his daughter.

D-Fens
Prediction Master
Prediction Master

#13 Post by D-Fens » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:01 pm

I think if they had faith left in Snyder they could have brought somebody in to replicate his style, they wanted a Marvel movie so they brought in Whedon.

The problem is that you can see that they're obvious additions and for all the money that cost did it really acheive anything. I doubt they can say it would have lost more money if it was kept as Snyders orginal vision, I was unaware of any of this until after the movie and in both instances they're going to end up just rebooting the universe anyway.

Snyder is a poor director for this material but if they would have let him have three movies in his consistent tone it would have been easier to shelve next to Burton and Schumacher, label it as that director's version of the character and move on. At some point somebody might realise that the better superhero movies are made by good directors.

Now they're in a strange place and because they've worked backwards I've no interest in seeing any of the spin-off movies, in the same way Black Panther feels like an extra and not essential viewing.

fanADE
You Only Live Twice
You Only Live Twice
Preferred Cinemas: Duke at Komedia, Brighton
I haven't got tickets for: Edie 14/5/18 Brighton

#14 Post by fanADE » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:32 pm

I'm agreeing about the mix between Whedon and Snyder... that attempt to get humor in to the film.. might have been an error.... i had problems with the main villain and poor CGI effect
:D :P :p [img]%20%20[/img]

Nazerino
Air Force One
Air Force One

#15 Post by Nazerino » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:34 pm

Wonder Woman still has a far more meaningful storyline than Justice League which was simply sized down to look more like Avengers

Rizzie99

#16 Post by Rizzie99 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:42 pm

They are really doing Henry cavill a disservice to the character. He loved Superman and they made him look like a literal alien with that upper lip, all because the CEO wanted his AT&T bonus and wasn’t willing to push the movie back..