I, Tonya

Discuss movies (including free films)
D-Fens
Prediction Master
Prediction Master
Old post count: 0

Re: I, Tonya

#11 Post by D-Fens » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:05 pm

Was this movie called I, Tonya because during the skating scenes the superimposed face looked just like the robot from I, Robot?

That aside I thought there were some nice directing flourishes, I've seen it likened to Scorsese but that fits the time period, so I enjoyed the tracking shots and inventiveness.

I didn't think the story was worthy of this stage though, it might clear up the Mandela effect because I thought different people were involved and events played out differently but the lack of narrative focus meant it just ended up feeling like an acting showcase rather than a purposeful movie.

LarryBirdJr

#12 Post by LarryBirdJr » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:48 pm

Great movie: highly entertaining

fanADE
You Only Live Twice
You Only Live Twice
Preferred Cinemas: Duke at Komedia, Brighton
I haven't got tickets for: Edie 14/5/18 Brighton

#13 Post by fanADE » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:24 pm

Initially i was not keen on this as i have no real love for Ice skating etc and i did remember the story at the time.. but this was fabulous and added some details to the story.. i loved it and felt it showed some of the real power of narratives to motivate. Some really strong characters and funny plots.. 7/10
:D :P :p [img]%20%20[/img]

CtheG84
Air Force One
Air Force One

#14 Post by CtheG84 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:12 am

I am with Jessica on this, it was simply a mediocre film. Some comedy thrown in but a very dragged out movie.

Acting was superb but spoilt by cheap cgi and it's overall length. Typical of a Hollywood docu-drama.

I rated it on Rotten Tomatoes as "average".

Carl

quote="JessicaRoseTimo"]I feel like I'm in the minority but i wasn't a fan of this film really. Don't get me wrong Margot Robbie was AMAZING in it and there were some quite funny bits but i felt the actual story was drawn out to the point where i was almost bored. The CGI for a lot of the skating also wasn't great, all i could think about during these scenes was Will Ferrall and Jon Heder in Blades of Glory. I'd give it a 6/10, it isn't a film I'll be rushing to tell people about.[/quote]