Weight Watchers

Chat about anything
asamaic
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Empire Leicester Square, Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue, Odeon Panton Street - followed by anywhere in central(ish) London like Vue Islington.

Re: Weight Watchers

#6561 Post by asamaic » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:13 am

:star: This week's weight loss: 1.2lb. :star:

This brings total weight loss to 7.8lb, i.e. I've now lost half a stone! o/

Is anyone else still on the healthy wagon or wants to get on?
Preferred cinemas:
Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Empire Leicester Square, Cineworld O2, Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue and Odeon Panton Street, followed by anywhere in central(ish) London.

Diane65
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: Trafford Centre. The Printworks, Manchester. The Lowry, Salford Quays. Parrswood, Didsbury.Cineworld, Stockport.
I have tickets for: Lovely Bones and Kick Ass

#6562 Post by Diane65 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:45 pm

Wow well done you must be over the moon.

ejwrank
Se7en
Se7en

#6563 Post by ejwrank » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:58 am

This is excellent news, asamaic. Really shows your perseverance! Well done!
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2019" club -- 25 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2018" club -- 23 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2017" club -- 41 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2016" club -- 50 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2015" club -- 77 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2014" club -- 66 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2013" club-- 91 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2012" club--113 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2011" club--116 seen.

Diane65
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: Trafford Centre. The Printworks, Manchester. The Lowry, Salford Quays. Parrswood, Didsbury.Cineworld, Stockport.
I have tickets for: Lovely Bones and Kick Ass

#6564 Post by Diane65 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:08 pm

Asamaic you are certainly inspiring me to get on the wagon again. I keep on starting then going off again and end up back at square one. I did do a long walk last Sunday as in 7 miles around Bodnant Gardens in Wales - definitely worth joining the National Trust for. And this Sunday I went back to the gym plus went to Socceraid which was 9000 steps in total to and from the football ground. So improving my fitness levels.

Thanks to Betty Botter for posting the slimming magazines - loads of lovely recipes. I have been good for the last few days so just need to keep it up.

Got a phone call from a friend I lived in Germany with 27 years ago and I haven't seen him for 24 years. We are going to meet up on 14th July so not only have I aged I have put on loads of weight so need to look as best I can possibly do so he still recognises me and isn't in total shock when he sees me 8O :oops: Obviously I can't make myself look younger but can look healthier.

Thanks for inspiring me asamaic o/

asamaic
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Preferred Cinemas: Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Empire Leicester Square, Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue, Odeon Panton Street - followed by anywhere in central(ish) London like Vue Islington.

#6565 Post by asamaic » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:36 pm

The gym! Well done on going back. o/ I can't bear to rejoin a gym as such (so you're doing better than me), but I did go to GoodGym tonight. It involved running 3K and shovelling wood chip in a disused kids' playground which is on track to be reopened in the next month or so. o/ All kinds of things hurt, but we made a difference and I was smart enough to bring gardening gloves this time so didn't wreck my hands for a change. I am going to sleep well tonight...

What I don't understand is how I've been running for so long and continuing to be so bad at it. I mean, I don't get any faster. If anything, I get slower. I'm half tempted to p*y for a professional opinion on what it is I'm doing wrong. I'm convinced that I've taught myself some bad habits after my injuries and need someone to help retrain me to run like a normal human being. Maybe it is because of the weight I'm carrying, but I can only keep losing weight and seeing if that makes any difference to my running.

In positive news, I caught my reflection the other day and realised I looked thinner. Which was nice. o/ Still a long way to go, but I'm starting to see the results.

Calorie counting is still working for me - I'm logging what I eat and making smarter choices. For example, if I want a 'night off' and order a takeaway, it's going to be the lowest calorie version and it's going to be a small one, because if I order a big one and say I'll only eat half, I know I'm going to eat the other half too. So, it's about knowing my own limitations and b*ying accordingly. After all, if you don't keep temptation in the house, you can't succumb to it!

Have a good week everyone. o/
Preferred cinemas:
Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Empire Leicester Square, Cineworld O2, Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue and Odeon Panton Street, followed by anywhere in central(ish) London.

jojojoanne
Se7en
Se7en

#6566 Post by jojojoanne » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:25 am

Well Done for all your efforts, asamaic!!

LiteupLee
The Fifth Element
The Fifth Element
Preferred Cinemas: Liverpool,Cheshire Oaks, Manchester
I have tickets for: The radiator

#6567 Post by LiteupLee » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:15 am

There are sports shops now that test your running for the perfect shoe and also tell you any problem with styles of running, might be of use? As a fitness pro, im not a runner (my dad used to run marathons, something I've not inherited unfortunately), I do love to power walk though. Power walking with weights is just as good as running, if not better depending on your own criteria. Ankle and wrist weight straps are excellent and really beneficial for weight loss and much less likely to cause any injuries than running. Hope you find what works for you
Nobody's perfect!!!
Member No. 47 of the 100 free films in 2017 club.
Member No. 47 of the 100 free films in 2016 club. 50 seen
Member No. 47 of the 100 free films in 2015 club. 35 seen, 65 to go.
Member No. 47 of the 100 free films in 2014 club. 72 seen.
Member No. 47 of the 100 free films in 2013 club. 70 seen.
Member No. 47 of the 100 free films in 2012 club. 69 seen.
Member No. 47 of the 100 free films in 2011 club. 60 seen.
free films in 2010 30 seen.

Tutts
Air Force One
Air Force One

#6568 Post by Tutts » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:59 pm

I think it’s great that you are doing weight watchers. I know it has worked for a lot of people. I personally follow Slimming World. I am a big eater so I like the Large portions I can have with it. I also feel like I can have a couple of days off when I go away with my kids for the weekend and it’s easy for me to get back on track. I have maintained for the last 2 years and I hope to keep the weight off. It has made me so much happier and just the simple task of getting dressed in the morning is so much easier as I actually have clothes I look good and feel good in. So no matter how you decide to lose the weight, I wish you all the luck with your journey x

asamaic
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense

#6569 Post by asamaic » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:55 pm

Well, I feel full of all of the BBQ meats. Not sure what I'm ending this week on as I was at my parents' today and their scales are broken, but I did report a stable loss from Monday to Saturday, taking my overall weight loss from the beginning to 9.4 lb. I will surely have undone some of that due to the family BBQ, but I'm positive my overall half-stone victory is intact.

Today I took my niece to junior parkrun and ran/walked the 2k with her. She only went because it was my idea and because she knows auntie does the adult parkruns - I think this may be the only time in my life in which I've been a positive sporting role model for anyone. :blink: She did so well - we took lots of walking breaks but kept going and ran plenty of bits that part of her didn't really want to do, but the other part was determined to try. We did it in a comfortable 18 minutes and now she wants to go back and give it another go. o/

Tutts - I am so impressed you've been in maintenance for so long. I lost 3 stone a few years ago and gradually put it all back on, which is why I'm here again.

I don't think any of us left are actually doing WW - this thread is for anyone hoping to lose weight and/or improve their health by any means they see fit. o/ I'm calorie counting and trying to run a bit more often. o/

Cheerleaders also welcome!

How has everyone else got on this week?
Preferred cinemas:

asamaic
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense

#6570 Post by asamaic » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:07 pm

As promised, I did go see a running coach. o/

The big surprise was that my running technique isn't dreadful - I'm just too fat and too unfit. :oops: I am of course paraphrasing quite a lot, my coach was lovely and of course a lot more polite than that. The upshot though is whilst there are things I would need to change if I wanted to run longer distances, right now, what I mainly need to do is build up my fitness and keep losing weight. And because my form isn't terrible, if I build up my fitness by doing more running, I'm not likely to cause myself another injury. So that's good news. Doing what I'm doing is OK, I just need to do more of it.

I need to seriously think about when I can fit more running into my week...
Preferred cinemas: