Yinster
Prediction Master
Prediction Master
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Glasgow, Edinburgh and anything in between

Re: TV Series: Discuss, Review, Anticipate, and Wotnot

#1141 Post by Yinster » Sat May 12, 2018 10:14 pm

Sunny Saver wrote:Scandal- end of the whole series. No more 8O
Playing catch up as I have still to see the last few episodes. Downloaded them to watch soon.

Been loving the second season of The Good Fight.
Member 88 of 100 free films in 2017 - 2 seen
Member 88 of 100 free films in 2016 - 8 seen
Member 88 of 100 free films in 2015 - 27 seen
Member 88 of 100 free films in 2014 - 47 seen
]Member 88 of 100 free films in 2013 - 82 seen
Member 88 of 100 free films in 2012 - 62 seen
Preference of cinemas:- 1. Glasgow Renfield Street Cineworld, 2. Glasgow Showcase, 3. Braehead Odeon, 4. Vue Fort, 5 Glasgow Springfield Quay, 5. any other cinema in Glasgow area including Hamilton
Also Falkirk, Dunfermline and Stirling but these are rarely used for free previews.

raj101
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: kingston, wimbledon, wandsworth, fulham

#1142 Post by raj101 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:50 am

Babylon Berlin. Though I started Season 1 last year, I only got round to finishing Season 2 this morning. This show started a bit sleazy but it became something hypnotically beautiful in its second series. Some of the best police procedural tv ever made. Poor old Gereon. :(

Tried Patrick Melrose, but I think its just for Cumberbytches. As if the details of a posh chap on drugs would make an interesting story. I should know by now that if Sky calls its new series "acclaimed" then that usually means it shyte.

Outlander - I heard its had its critics in Scotland (who can probably spot the historical/geographical errors tht escape mere Sassanachs) but I think this series continues to be outstanding.
fav 5 films of the year - Tenet, Bill n Ted 3, Invisible Man, JoJo Rabbit, ?

stuartboy
Se7en
Se7en

#1143 Post by stuartboy » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:18 pm

I am b*ying Ross Poldark a comb.

Oh, and how come Geoffrey Charles has is suddenly 10 years older, yet no one else has aged at all?
Member No. 49 of the "100 free films in 2017" club. 20 different films seen.
Member No. 49 of the "100 free films in 2016" club. 93 different films seen.
Member No. 49 of the "100 free films in 2015" club. 132 different films seen
Member No. 49 of the "100 free films in 2014" club. 128 different films seen
Member No. 49 of the "100 free films in 2013" club. 125 different films seen
Member No. 49 of the "100 free films in 2012" club. 128 different films seen
Member No. 49 of the "100 free films in 2011" club. 120 different films seen

Cineworld Unlimited is cheating! ;-)

Sometimes I sits and thinks....and sometimes I just sits.

raj101
8 1/2
8 1/2

#1144 Post by raj101 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:41 am

stuartboy wrote:I am b*ying Ross Poldark a comb.

Oh, and how come Geoffrey Charles has is suddenly 10 years older, yet no one else has aged at all?
everyone else is chinese.

raj101
8 1/2
8 1/2

#1145 Post by raj101 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:33 pm

Terrestiral tv appears to be in full bloom at the moment, try if you have the time -

Bodyguard - gripping but weak ending

Vanity Fair - if you can accept its modern Moulin Rouge-sque angle and Cooke breaking the 4th wall now and again, this is well worth a look.

Killing Eve -just excellent

and Doctor Who is just fine after all that fuss, certainly an improvement over the "gap year boy plus ginger" era.

stuartboy
Se7en
Se7en

#1146 Post by stuartboy » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:29 pm

Haha. Tried to watch C4s True Horror - The Witches' Prison last night on Catch Up, what with it being Halloween. Thing is I was tired and it was late. I promptly fell asleep only to wake with a sudden start every time there was a Boo! shock appearance of the witch (which had gone by the time I was awake). Lol. Complete waste of time. All I know was that it was full of scares, just not what they were!
Might try it again tonight....
Member No. 49 of the "100 free films in 2017" club. 20 different films seen.
Member No. 49 of the "100 free films in 2016" club. 93 different films seen.
Member No. 49 of the "100 free films in 2015" club. 132 different films seen
Member No. 49 of the "100 free films in 2014" club. 128 different films seen
Member No. 49 of the "100 free films in 2013" club. 125 different films seen
Member No. 49 of the "100 free films in 2012" club. 128 different films seen
Member No. 49 of the "100 free films in 2011" club. 120 different films seen

Cineworld Unlimited is cheating! ;-)

Sometimes I sits and thinks....and sometimes I just sits.

helenecolin
You Only Live Twice
You Only Live Twice
Preferred Cinemas: BFI IMAX, Odeon Leicester Square, Odeon Swiss Cottage

#1147 Post by helenecolin » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:50 pm

raj101 wrote:Tried Patrick Melrose, but I think its just for Cumberbytches. As if the details of a posh chap on drugs would make an interesting story. I should know by now that if Sky calls its new series "acclaimed" then that usually means it shyte.
I read the books in parallel to watching this series, and while I agree with you on the fact that there is nothing much interesting in following someone spiralling in the world of drugs and alcohol (especially for me who doesn't drink nor smoke), I have to give credits to the adaptation in the sense that they stayed as faithful to the books as possible. Would I recommend to watch it? Probably not, unless you like Cumberbatch. It was still worth watching, if only once.

raj101 wrote:Bodyguard - gripping but weak ending
I wasn't much impressed by the ending either, and I really wonder if a second series is necessary, but seeing that this drama was the most successful of the BBC in a while, I understand they want to surf on that a little longer.

Has anyone here tried A Discovery of Witches? I really liked it, and I'm now enjoying the books as well as I'm really incapable of waiting for the second series to depict what'll happen in the second book, I'm too hooked now to be patient hehe.

valda
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: Westfield, Shepherds Bush,Central London, Swiss Cottage most London ones really

#1148 Post by valda » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:35 pm

I'm really pleased about the BBC/ FX agreement. In the Future BBC has first screening rights in the UK. The Shows that are currentlyon different channels over here will still stay there, but all new content will be BBC

FX is a great studio with a good catalogue, personally I'm waiting for The Sons of Anarchy spinoff The Mayans
preferred locations Shepherds Bush, Westfield, Notting Hill, Central London, Wimbledon, Islington, Wandsworth thanks

raj101
8 1/2
8 1/2

#1149 Post by raj101 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:28 pm

helenecolin wrote:
raj101 wrote:Tried Patrick Melrose, but I think its just for Cumberbytches. As if the details of a posh chap on drugs would make an interesting story. I should know by now that if Sky calls its new series "acclaimed" then that usually means it shyte.
I read the books in parallel to watching this series, and while I agree with you on the fact that there is nothing much interesting in following someone spiralling in the world of drugs and alcohol (especially for me who doesn't drink nor smoke), I have to give credits to the adaptation in the sense that they stayed as faithful to the books as possible. Would I recommend to watch it? Probably not, unless you like Cumberbatch. It was still worth watching, if only once.

I wasn't much impressed by the ending either, and I really wonder if a second series is necessary, but seeing that this drama was the most successful of the BBC in a while, I understand they want to surf on that a little longer.

Has anyone here tried A Discovery of Witches? I really liked it, and I'm now enjoying the books as well as I'm really incapable of waiting for the second series to depict what'll happen in the second book, I'm too hooked now to be patient hehe.
Witches is a really good book conversion, true. although heaven knows why all the vampires, werewolves and witches congregate in Oxford, theres way more happening places. And its always devoid of chinese tourists, a serious mystery.

Another excellent recommendation is Black Earth Rising, the attention to scenes and acting is outstanding.

The Gianni Versace Murder thing is good, although a bit dark.
Last edited by raj101 on Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ZoeBanfield
Phase IV
Phase IV
Preferred Cinemas: Greenwich, West India Quay, Surrey Quays, Central London (Haymarket/West End/Covent Garden etc)

#1150 Post by ZoeBanfield » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:07 pm

helenecolin wrote:

Yes, I'm addicted to Discovery Of Witches going to read the books. :D