Weight Watchers

Chat about anything
ClareBarr
The Fifth Element
The Fifth Element
Old post count: 0

Re: Weight Watchers

#6581 Post by ClareBarr » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:31 am

Needed major eye surgery, am not in a good way. Thanks all for concern. 6-8 weeks recovery x

ejwrank
Se7en
Se7en

#6582 Post by ejwrank » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:59 am

I'm glad the surgery is behind you, ClareBarr and now you can rest and recover. We are all thinking about you and sending our best wishes during your recuperation.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2019" club -- 25 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2018" club -- 23 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2017" club -- 41 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2016" club -- 50 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2015" club -- 77 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2014" club -- 66 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2013" club-- 91 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2012" club--113 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2011" club--116 seen.

Diane65
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: Trafford Centre. The Printworks, Manchester. The Lowry, Salford Quays. Parrswood, Didsbury.Cineworld, Stockport.
I have tickets for: Lovely Bones and Kick Ass

#6583 Post by Diane65 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:48 am

Sending my best wishes Clarebarr. As Ejwrank says you need to rest and recover. You can get back on track when feeling up to it.

Thanks Asamaic for keeping this thread going you are an inspirational lady.

Hi Tripp989 and welcome to the thread.

Thanks Ejwrank for your continued support.

I have gone off the wagon big time :oops: Sadly my Mum passed away in November so it's been a bit of a roller coaster. It's not only the emotional aspects of everything it's suddenly not being on call 24/7 so sort of have lots more free time but then have loads of stuff to sort as she was a widow. So been eating while I have been sorting but still visiting my other relative with dementia. Plus been catching up with lots of friends and making the most of the 50% off food deals in January. I will get back on track very soon. Everything kind of still feels surreal at the moment.

I need to lose 1 stone before we meet up in Durham.
I will start next weekend - I have a trip to the crematorium on Tuesday so my Mum and Dad are together again soon I will be more focused after then.

asamaic
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Preferred Cinemas: Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Empire Leicester Square, Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue, Odeon Panton Street - followed by anywhere in central(ish) London like Vue Islington.

#6584 Post by asamaic » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:32 pm

How is everyone getting on? There haven't been any updates for a few weeks.

Diane65, I hope you're being very kind to yourself after the last few months that you've had. :bighug:

My weight has yet again stalled - I seem to be stubbornly hovering around 10 to 11lb down.

However... my running has been going well. I was under my planned mileage last week because this idiot here booked a deep tissue massage and forgot that running afterwards would be a complete non-starter. However... since January I've been gradually increasing my distance and I've been running every week. I only did about 7km last week, but the week before that, I did about 14.5km, including one 9km run non-stop.

o/

I haven't got this fuel thing sorted out. I run on an empty stomach, get tired and go to sleep. I'm sure if I actually looked into nutrition properly and started eating/drinking the right things to support my running, I wouldn't be crashing in the way that I do. But I'm quite proud of what I've achieved so far... when I first posted about running on this thread, I was only doing 5km every other week tops. Now I'm doing more than that every week, in preparation for my first 10km in July. o/

Have I become a 30-something cliche? Probably. However, we do all need to fit in some form of exercise and running is the least objectionable thing for me.
Preferred cinemas:
Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Empire Leicester Square, Cineworld O2, Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue and Odeon Panton Street, followed by anywhere in central(ish) London.

ejwrank
Se7en
Se7en

#6585 Post by ejwrank » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:08 pm

Well done, asamaic! Your increased running mileage is something to be very proud of! Think you should expect a bit of a plateau after that weight loss so just keep on going. I hope you will manage to sort out your eating/running balance as that's important too. I should warn you that this running malarky can become pretty addictive (son David runs home from work most days and does long runs on Sunday and ParkRuns nearly every Saturday) so it's 10k this summer for you and then who knows!!

Our best wishes go to you and thanks for keeping this thread alive. And you shall never be a 30-something cliche!
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2019" club -- 25 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2018" club -- 23 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2017" club -- 41 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2016" club -- 50 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2015" club -- 77 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2014" club -- 66 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2013" club-- 91 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2012" club--113 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2011" club--116 seen.

Diane65
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: Trafford Centre. The Printworks, Manchester. The Lowry, Salford Quays. Parrswood, Didsbury.Cineworld, Stockport.

#6586 Post by Diane65 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:24 am

Well done Asamaic on your increased fitness it's amazing what you have achieved.

Thanks for your kind words too. I had put on even more weight and as my birthday week having lots of meals out but as off work this week managing to do lots of extra walks. I am back onto doing my DVD 3 times a week. I still work the longer hours but I don't start work until 9 on a Tuesday so can do my DVD before work and I finish at 4pm on a Thursday so do it again then and once at the weekend. I have lost 4 lb over the last 2 weeks.

I want to lose another 10 lbs before Durham.

Thanks Asamaic for getting us back on track and you will never be a cliché.

asamaic
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Preferred Cinemas: Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Empire Leicester Square, Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue, Odeon Panton Street - followed by anywhere in central(ish) London like Vue Islington.

#6587 Post by asamaic » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:02 pm

4lb in two weeks is brilliant, well done, Diane65! o/ Great commitment with the DVD.

I have today off and was planning to go for a run, but it actually feels too warm out right now. 8O What is up with our weather? I'll wait a bit and head out when the sun starts to go down.

I hope ClareBarr is resting up well and Tripp989 is still on the weight loss wagon! :)
Preferred cinemas:
Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Empire Leicester Square, Cineworld O2, Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue and Odeon Panton Street, followed by anywhere in central(ish) London.

Diane65
8 1/2
8 1/2

#6588 Post by Diane65 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:06 pm

I too am off today and have been for a 4 mile walk so feeling good.

Sending my best wishes to Clarebarr. Tripp989 I hope that you are doing good too.

ClareBarr
The Fifth Element
The Fifth Element

#6589 Post by ClareBarr » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:45 pm

Hi all, just thought I'd drop in to say hi, not able to read much but will write here again maybe end of March (when I'll hopefully be able to see a little better). Hope you're all doing well, Clare x

asamaic
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense

#6590 Post by asamaic » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:52 pm

Good to hear you're recovering, Clare. Take it easy - looking forward to hearing the next progress update. o/
Preferred cinemas: