Prediction Master
Old post count: 0

Re: Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

#11 Post by D-Fens » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:08 am

stuartboy wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:44 pm
Spoiler
Show
i had to miss the final few minutes - can anyone tell me what happened after Leo spoke to his neighbour through the gate after the police and ambulances had left?

They get on well, he recognises Rick, Sharon comes down and invites him inside. The implication is that he meets Polanski and gets a career revival I think. Although apparently there's a scene after credits where Rick acts like an ass again.

You have to know about Sharon Tate and Charles Manson prior to the movie otherwise her character is completely superfluous?

thrjfr
You Only Live Twice
You Only Live Twice

#12 Post by thrjfr » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:52 am

D-Fens wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:08 am
stuartboy wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:44 pm
Spoiler
Show
i had to miss the final few minutes - can anyone tell me what happened after Leo spoke to his neighbour through the gate after the police and ambulances had left?

They get on well, he recognises Rick, Sharon comes down and invites him inside. The implication is that he meets Polanski and gets a career revival I think. Although apparently there's a scene after credits where Rick acts like an ass again.

You have to know about Sharon Tate and Charles Manson prior to the movie otherwise her character is completely superfluous?
Spoiler
Show
I knew about Sharon Tate before watching the movie, so I thought the ending was just for the emotions. If only they really could've survived in real life.

D-Fens
Prediction Master
Prediction Master

#13 Post by D-Fens » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:50 am

thrjfr wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:52 am
Spoiler
Show
I knew about Sharon Tate before watching the movie, so I thought the ending was just for the emotions. If only they really could've survived in real life.

I know but imagine if you didn't have that prior knowledge. It's not really spelled out in the movie and I've read a lot of other reactions from younger people who just aren't aware of that case. So they saw a leading actress dance on an aeroplane, at a party, at her own movie and live next door to somebody. That was her entire role in the movie, there's no story or drama there unless you know the specifics of something else that actually happened.

Moviemad31
You Only Live Twice
You Only Live Twice
Preferred Cinemas: Showcase cine de lux Bristol, Odeon Bristol, Bristol Watershed, Showcase Avonmeads, Everyman Bristol and Vue at Cribbs Causeway.

#14 Post by Moviemad31 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:46 pm

Not something i will rush out to b*y the part where things get rather crazy at the end, were rather uncomfortable to watch.

fanADE
You Only Live Twice
You Only Live Twice
Preferred Cinemas: Duke at Komedia, Brighton
I haven't got tickets for: Edie 14/5/18 Brighton

#15 Post by fanADE » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:40 pm

Brilliant homage to hollywood.... long movie... slow in places but the end picks up pace in hilarity and comic moment... people are watching it again... and again.. 7/10
:D :P :p [img]%20%20[/img]

helenecolin
You Only Live Twice
You Only Live Twice
Preferred Cinemas: BFI IMAX, Odeon Leicester Square, Odeon Swiss Cottage

#16 Post by helenecolin » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:16 pm

Not much of a Tarantino fan, I admit, I liked the film as a whole but not enough for it to ever make it into my Top movies of all time. It was quite slow at times, which unfortunately explains why this movie was so long (for me, a film over 2h30 with barely any action until the end is a bore), but I can’t say anything bad about the cast, the filming or even the ending. It was good, not great, just good.

phoebevtay
Air Force One
Air Force One

#17 Post by phoebevtay » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:30 am

I love Tarantino, but this was unapologetically indulgent. I really liked the final sequence, but as a whole it needed sharper editing throughout and less filler.

TristanWhite
Air Force One
Air Force One

#18 Post by TristanWhite » Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:50 am

Absolutely loved this movie. Up there with his best.

prettyxcool
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: Prefer all Central London, then Islington, Notting Hill, Whiteleys, Shepherd's Bush, Westfield, Holloway, Swiss Cottage, Clapham, WIQ, Greenwich 02, Surrey Quays, Fulham.

#19 Post by prettyxcool » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:05 pm

It was a slow start to set the scene. But final part I was totally hooked. Story was very cleverly told.

Personally, I don't rate Leo DiCaprio or Brad Pitt, my least like actors, they never do anything for me, not sure if it's their acting for me, but I never see them as the characters they play so distracting, as I just see them as Leo and Brad!

So because of that was not too keen on the film but for a Tarantino film, it was very, very good!

7/10
Member No. 17 of the "100 free films in 2019" club. 50 seen so far
My Movie Scores click here

2018 - 100 seen (9 premieres/Press) Also 2 Opera, 1 Netfix, 15 theatres, 2 concerts, 1 ballet)
2017 - 106 seen
2016 - 116 seen
2015 - 120 seen (16 premieres, 2 Gala Screenings). Also 3 theatres/shows, 2 concerts
2014 - 132 seen (26 premieres and 7 Gala Screenings). Also 18 misc. free events/concerts
2013 - 115 Seen (12 premieres). Also 6 theatres/shows, 5 concerts
2012 - 118 seen (23 premieres). Also 12 theatres/shows.
2011 - 133 seen
2010 - 105 seen