New Inglourious Basterds Trailer!

Discuss movies (including free films)
a_person
8 1/2
8 1/2
Old post count: 90
Preferred Cinemas: West India Quays,Cineworld Greenwich, Vue Stratford Westfield then Central London.

Inglourious Basterds

#1 Post by a_person » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:49 pm

During World War II a group of Jewish-American soldiers known as "The Basterds" are chosen specifically to spread fear throughout the Third Reich by scalping and brutally killing Nazis. The Basterds soon cross paths with a French-Jewish teenage girl who runs a movie theater in Paris which is targeted by the soldiers.

Trailer:
Member No. 2 of the "100 free films in 2015" club. 3 seen, 97 to go!
Realistic target: 5

Preferred cinema list:
1) Cineworld: West India Quays or Greenwich, 02, Vue Westfield - Stratford City or Picturehouse Stratford
2) Picturehouse Greenwich
3) Any central London cinema including Islington (excluding Shepherd's Bush, and Whiteleys unless it's some super duper cool film)
4) Odeon Greenwich or Odeon Surrey Quays

AYBG
ASA NISI MASA
ASA NISI MASA
Old post count: 4439

New Inglourious Basterds Trailer!

#2 Post by AYBG » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:07 pm

To see a trailer or rate this film, please click here »

Most people didn't like Death Proof, Quentin Tarantino's segment of 2007's double bill Grindhouse. Personally I liked the film and I'm sure I would have loved it if I had grown up during the era of exploitation flicks it faithfully replicated. At any rate, the only real complaint you hear is that it was 'boring'. So QT has stepped up to win back his fans with what looks like a hugely enjoyable ride, Inglourious Basterds (yes, its meant to be spelt that way), due out in August. Trailer after the jump...

If you're looking for historical accuracy, look away now. "The Basterds" are a group, led by Brad Pitt's Lt. Raine, formed during WWII to spread fear throughout the Third Reich by scalping and brutally killing Nazis. But, as this trailer reveals, they happen upon the chance to do something much...bigger. Keep your eyes peeled for the bizarre appearances of Eli Roth, director of Hostel, and Mike Myers, in prosthetics and ironically the most serious part of this trailer. Fingers crossed for free screenings.

Comment on this post in our forums
Top 50 Poster!

phunkygal
Se7en
Se7en
Old post count: 3002
Preferred Cinemas: Central London - Cineworld Haymarket/Shaftsbury Avenue Odeon Leicester Square/Covent Garden/Panton Street/Tottenham Court Road/Marble Arch, Vue West End/Islington Empire Leicester Square, Prince Charles Cinema, Apollo Piccadilly Circus, BFI

Re: [BLOG]: New Inglourious Basterds Trailer!

#3 Post by phunkygal » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:18 pm

International trailer just released earlier.. wish I had sound at work
http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/features/exclusive/

JordanFRAV

#4 Post by JordanFRAV » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:43 pm

"So your the Jew Hunter..."
"Thatssa-bingo...Is that how you say 'bingo'?"

Can't wait for the August release in the UK.

andrews
8 1/2
8 1/2
Old post count: 1939
Preferred Cinemas: In order of preference: MetroCentre-Gateshead, Boldon, Gateshead Trinity Square, Newcastle, Middlesbrough, and Tyneside Cinema

#5 Post by andrews » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:57 pm

phunkygal wrote:International trailer just released earlier.. wish I had sound at work
http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/features/exclusive/

This trailer looks fantastic. I'm looking forward to watching this!
Member Number 3 of the "100 Free Films in 2018 Club"

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

sarahjc78

#6 Post by sarahjc78 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:56 am

Is it not August yet... I cant wait to see this film..... Reckon it will cause alot of controversy and will be an either love it or hate it film... oh and looking forward to seeing Mr Pitt in this role too :O)

MariaLionza

Phunkygal I'm only human!

#7 Post by MariaLionza » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:27 pm

I have no idea what she's talking about on the last post about Inglorious Basterds. If it's
about sports, please know that I had a terrible childhood :tears: and never learnt anything about it. So, can anyone help this poor little venezuelan that wants just to watch a film in holy peace? 8O The answer would be highly appreciated even if it's just an opinion :kiss: as I have no idea how they categorize triumph in whatever they are asking for :wall:

Beate
The Modfather (& Three-Time Prediction Master!)
The Modfather (& Three-Time Prediction Master!)
Old post count: 6588
Preferred Cinemas: West India Quay, Greenwich, Surrey Quays + Central London (Vue Islington, Apollo, Odeon Covent Garden, Cine Haymarket, Leicester Sq/West End)

Re: Phunkygal I'm only human!

#8 Post by Beate » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:32 pm

What post? Where do I need to move this to? :confused:
:popcorn: Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2020" club. 7 seen :popcorn:
o/ Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2009 - 2019" clubs. 826 seen o/
Image Member No. 1 of the "104 free previews in 2008" club. 92 seen

phunkygal
Se7en
Se7en
Preferred Cinemas: Central London - Cineworld Haymarket/Shaftsbury Avenue Odeon Leicester Square/Covent Garden/Panton Street/Tottenham Court Road/Marble Arch, Vue West End/Islington Empire Leicester Square, Prince Charles Cinema, Apollo Piccadilly Circus, BFI

#9 Post by phunkygal » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:17 pm

im sorry but what on earth are you on about?

phunkygal
Se7en
Se7en

#10 Post by phunkygal » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:22 pm

oh hang on i know what she means she is talking about a comp there isnt an answer you have to guess and the closest guess wins