Discuss movies (including free films)
moondance
The Fifth Element
The Fifth Element
Old post count: 188

Sin Nombre

#1 Post by moondance » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:59 am

10/07 with FPS at Everyman Hampstead
This is an SRO event - has anyone been to these before as I know there have been others at the Everyman? It is 4 hours 30 minutes - is it so gripping an event that you want to stay that long & is it easy to leave if you find it unbearable (last years red carpet event comes to mind :blink: )?

Also on phunkygal's aljazeera post it says refreshments are included - any idea what these are and if they apply to everyone not just aljazeera guests?
Preferred cinemas:
Central London and North London as far north as the Hampstead Everyman including Picturehouse Hackney/Notting Hill Gate - but not Wood Green and North Finchley as they are just a bit too far.

Beate
The Modfather (& Three-Time Prediction Master!)
Old post count: 6588
Preferred Cinemas: West India Quay, Greenwich, Surrey Quays + Central London (Vue Islington, Apollo, Odeon Covent Garden, Cine Haymarket, Leicester Sq/West End)

Re: Sin Nombre - 10/07 with FPS at Everyman Hampstead

#2 Post by Beate » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:55 am

It takes so long as there is an introduction beforehand and they sometimes re-record, as well as a Q&A afterwards. The food is usually sandwiches and there are some drinks. Everyone gets them, and yes you can leave afterwards, not a problem.
:popcorn: Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2020" club. 7 seen :popcorn:
o/ Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2009 - 2019" clubs. 826 seen o/
Image Member No. 1 of the "104 free previews in 2008" club. 92 seen

phunkygal
Se7en
Se7en
Old post count: 3002
Preferred Cinemas: Central London - Cineworld Haymarket/Shaftsbury Avenue Odeon Leicester Square/Covent Garden/Panton Street/Tottenham Court Road/Marble Arch, Vue West End/Islington Empire Leicester Square, Prince Charles Cinema, Apollo Piccadilly Circus, BFI

Re: Sin Nombre - 10/07 with FPS at Everyman Hampstead

#3 Post by phunkygal » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:34 pm

can we change the title of this to plain old sin nombre?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1127715/

Honduran teenager Sayra (Gaitan) reunites with her father, an opportunity for her to potentially realize her dream of a life in the U.S. Moving to Mexico is the first step in a feateful journey of unexpected events.

AYBG
ASA NISI MASA
ASA NISI MASA
Old post count: 4439

Re: Sin Nombre

#4 Post by AYBG » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:47 pm

http://www.totalfilm.com/reviews/cinema/sin-nombre

SeeFilmFirst are pretty much lying at this point... in the email:
Please note that this code is for you personally, and we ask you to please not share it with other people, so that we can try and ensure you are able to enjoy this film, before its release date!

Oh right, so once I share the code my ticket becomes invalid?
Top 50 Poster!

priamia
The Fifth Element
The Fifth Element
Old post count: 455
Preferred Cinemas: All Central London: Check full list of cinemas in my interests
I have tickets for: Everybody's Fine/Lovely Bones, The Wolfman, Kick Ass,

#5 Post by priamia » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:04 pm

:giggle:
Thanks for sharing AYBG!! o/
Preferred cinemas: All Central London: APOLLO Piccadilly, EMPIRE Leicester Sq; ODEONS: Leicester Sq/Covent Garden/West End/Whiteleys/Panton St; VUE: West End/Fulham/Islington, CINEWORLD: Haymarket/Shaftesbury Ave; Brixton Ritzy,
Then: Westfield, o2, Clapham

Beate
Preferred Cinemas: West India Quay, Greenwich, Surrey Quays + Central London (Vue Islington, Apollo, Odeon Covent Garden, Cine Haymarket, Leicester Sq/West End)

#6 Post by Beate » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:53 pm

Naughty boy! o/

superhero
9 1/2 Weeks
9 1/2 Weeks
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Vue West End, Odeon Covent Garden, Odeon Panton Street, any other ones in Central London

#7 Post by superhero » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:28 pm

Anyone go to the Hampstead screening earlier in the month? Love to know what this film is like, I get the feeling it might be one of those arthouse films where the screening is going to be 10% full...

Beate

#8 Post by Beate » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:30 pm

I think Bevvy went.
I don't mind about it being arthousey when it's the Greenwich Picturehouse - I just lean back and have a snooze then, LOL.

superhero
9 1/2 Weeks
9 1/2 Weeks
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Vue West End, Odeon Covent Garden, Odeon Panton Street, any other ones in Central London

#9 Post by superhero » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:48 pm

oh I like art-housey too, but just a real shame when everyone just grabs the tickets and then on the day no one turns up or maybe 10% turn up. It happens more with the arthouse films rather than the Star Treks/Transformers....

bevvy
Se7en
Se7en
Old post count: 202

#10 Post by bevvy » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:57 pm

Yes, I went = it is not at all arthousey - It is very enthralling, and full of action, some of it very violent. It intertwines the stories of some poor Central Americans riding on top of goods trains on the way to sneak across the boarder to the USA and of the members of a very violent gang.
The director was keen to tell the story of what these people go through just to get to the US boarder let alone the perils of the crossing itself. It is his first feature film and a quite remarkable achievement. He his research into the subject included riding on the tops of the trains (One of his fellow traintop passengers was murdered by bandits) and talking to gang members. Some of these gang members have parts in the film.
You certainly will not be bored by this film and many people will find it a real eye-opener!