Q&A

Ask questions, give feedback, discuss the site in general, etc
Spanner

Q&A

#1 Post by Spanner » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:58 pm

I've started a questions and answers thread as I'm sure I'll not be the only one who will have loads of questions to ask, especially with regards to the recent moves......

Firstly I'm sure there's a lot of work to be done, so I guess we'll all have to be patient re board preferences, profiles, smilies etc, but AYBG are you able to inform us yet of any of the functionality you expect us to have here, for example, do you think in time, we'll have everything we had on the old site, or do you expect some of it to be lost?

Secondly (please forgive me if I'm being thick) but I recall on the old site, it was frowned upon about regional screenings being posted in the Free Films thread, so then why is it ok for there to be posts in free films about screenings at the everyman theatre in London, does that not count as being regional too?
(and before anyone jumps down my throat, I'm REALLY not being arguementative here, I just want clarifcation)

Beate
The Modfather (& Three-Time Prediction Master!)
Old post count: 6588
Preferred Cinemas: West India Quay, Greenwich, Surrey Quays + Central London (Vue Islington, Apollo, Odeon Covent Garden, Cine Haymarket, Leicester Sq/West End)

Re: Q&A

#2 Post by Beate » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:14 am

I posted that screening, I wouldn't normally but seeing that the London board isn't up yet I did want it to be posted somewhere people can find it. It will be moved over to the London board in time, don't worry.
:popcorn: Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2020" club. 7 seen :popcorn:
o/ Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2009 - 2019" clubs. 826 seen o/
Image Member No. 1 of the "104 free previews in 2008" club. 92 seen

MariaLionza

#3 Post by MariaLionza » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:08 am

I have one: ever since the first problem and in all the new places we ' ve had I had to sign in which I find irritating to say the least. Can you give a guide how to avoid it once and for all? Thanks o/

Spanner

#4 Post by Spanner » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:07 pm

do you not normally log in ML? I always do. is there more than one way to get onto the site like?
btw thanks for your answer beate? do you know anything about the site features at all?

Beate
Old post count: 6588
Preferred Cinemas: West India Quay, Greenwich, Surrey Quays + Central London (Vue Islington, Apollo, Odeon Covent Garden, Cine Haymarket, Leicester Sq/West End)

#5 Post by Beate » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:27 pm

Not really, that is AYBG's area.
:popcorn: Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2020" club. 7 seen :popcorn:
o/ Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2009 - 2019" clubs. 826 seen o/
Image Member No. 1 of the "104 free previews in 2008" club. 92 seen

MariaLionza

#6 Post by MariaLionza » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:51 pm

I wrote this on MSE(discussion only) because of my ongoing troubles to stay logged in :

This is for Spanner I managed to read your message , I don't understand if you are asking me or Beate. The fact is I never logged in it was automatic, I've always had bookmarked even this one this morning but as you can see I can't not do anything, just now I logged in 4 times. If the question was for Beate, sorry I interfere.
---------------------------------------
I have finally managed to get into FMUK, I just hope it lasts!

AYBG
ASA NISI MASA
ASA NISI MASA
Old post count: 4439

#7 Post by AYBG » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:58 pm

Spanner wrote:Firstly I'm sure there's a lot of work to be done, so I guess we'll all have to be patient re board preferences, profiles, smilies etc, but AYBG are you able to inform us yet of any of the functionality you expect us to have here, for example, do you think in time, we'll have everything we had on the old site, or do you expect some of it to be lost?
We can do anything now, anything at all :twisted:
Anything in particular you want installed here?
Portal won't be coming back, though, as I have bigger plans.... 8-)
Top 50 Poster!

Spanner

#8 Post by Spanner » Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:20 pm

is it possible to have prosilver pink back? ( btw maybe this topic should be moved to the this site thread)

AYBG
ASA NISI MASA
ASA NISI MASA
Old post count: 4439

#9 Post by AYBG » Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:46 pm

Hmm, well I can't install any style anyone wants, but okay, for you ;)

And yup, right you are.
Top 50 Poster!

phunkygal
Se7en
Se7en
Old post count: 3002
Preferred Cinemas: Central London - Cineworld Haymarket/Shaftsbury Avenue Odeon Leicester Square/Covent Garden/Panton Street/Tottenham Court Road/Marble Arch, Vue West End/Islington Empire Leicester Square, Prince Charles Cinema, Apollo Piccadilly Circus, BFI

#10 Post by phunkygal » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:25 pm

can we have a tech thread?

in the link for this comp i have posted only half of it has turned into a link so it doesnt work. why?
i have tried copying and pasting it again but it still isnt working
http://forum.fmuk.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=90