Tangled

Discuss movies (including free films)
Celini
8 1/2
8 1/2
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Any central London locations, Islington, Holloway (plus Hackney, Clapham and Greenwich on weekends)

Re: Tangled

#161 Post by Celini » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:12 pm

pa*d? I did not :mrgreen:
but it obviously costs (a lot more) to the studio ;)
My 2014 Unlimited Films: 11/100

superhero
9 1/2 Weeks
9 1/2 Weeks
Preferred Cinemas: Vue West End, Odeon Covent Garden, Odeon Panton Street, any other ones in Central London

#162 Post by superhero » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:24 pm

Do u mean the film studio? It doesn't cost them alot but makes them alot of £££ or $$$
The backlash is coming soon though with people not wanting to be ripped off by 3D surcharges

LiteupLee
The Fifth Element
The Fifth Element
Preferred Cinemas: Liverpool,Cheshire Oaks, Manchester
I have tickets for: The radiator

#163 Post by LiteupLee » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:29 pm

Just got back from Liverpool 1, y does it get cold in the cinema? Quite enjoyed this film, it was pretty much as I expected, but with the added bonus of great, classic disney soundtrack. I havent heard good, original disney songs since roundabout Lion Kings time. Nice songs. Was surprised to see Brad Garrets name up there, I think he's great. And well done Zachery Levi for the main male role. 6/10 for me and back in time to watch the footie lol :)
Nobody's perfect!!!
Member No. 47 of the 100 free films in 2017 club.
Member No. 47 of the 100 free films in 2016 club. 50 seen
Member No. 47 of the 100 free films in 2015 club. 35 seen, 65 to go.
Member No. 47 of the 100 free films in 2014 club. 72 seen.
Member No. 47 of the 100 free films in 2013 club. 70 seen.
Member No. 47 of the 100 free films in 2012 club. 69 seen.
Member No. 47 of the 100 free films in 2011 club. 60 seen.
free films in 2010 30 seen.

f3lix

#164 Post by f3lix » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:44 pm

Nice film, wife really enjoyed it and the music.
I feel I'm in a minority but I think the 3D suits animated movies. I feel like I'm peeking through a window into this other world. (I only had water. Honest)

7/10

Sunny Saver
Se7en
Se7en
Preferred Cinemas: Islington Vue, Holloway, Central London

#165 Post by Sunny Saver » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:52 pm

We really enjoyed it too. Thought it was quite funny and the kids in the audience cute :).
However, the highlight had to be that I finally got to meet andrews who is in London o/!

Nice to see ewjrank and daughter again.

SS

SocialFlutterBy
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Preferred Cinemas: Renfrew Street Glasgow
I have tickets for: The Way, Win Win, Thor 3D Water For Elephants
I haven't got tickets for: Pirates Of The Caribean On Stranger Tides ;)

#166 Post by SocialFlutterBy » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:00 pm

seen this today in Glasgow Quay with my 12 yr old son and have to say seems like im in the minority but realy enjoyed the 3D thing haha! and by the outbursts of chuckles rippling through the cinema i get the feeling the kidz there real enjoyed it too!! You cant realy go wrong with disney animations though they always seem to pull it off :-D we both left the cinema with smiles on our faces today so for that reason i give it a 7/10

and my son says 8/10 minus 2 points becuase it almost made him cry lol
A bookstore is one of the only pieces of evidence we have that people are still thinking. (Jerry Seinfeld)

Member No 37 of the 100 Free Films Club 2014
4 seen 96 to go (Target 50)

Spanner

#167 Post by Spanner » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:00 pm

I had to do a little more than twist my mates arm to come to this as this is my 8th film of the year, I'm fast running out of cinema buddies, but I was relived to see that we weren't the oldest no children people there. It was really packed at Boldon, people got turned away. I did feel a little guilty at seeing one young girl and her dad have to leave, spesh as her dad was carrying her pretty little handbag, but then I though sod it, you should've got outta bed sooner mate!

Standard Disney fodder, but you know what you're getting don't you? Liked the lantern scene, thought it was very well done, but yeah the 3D was pants.

As Preston says I love to hear all the excitement of the bairns at these type of films and my enjoyment was enhanced somewhat by the kid behind me blowing raspberry's all through the weepy scene. Also big thumbs up to the kid who came back in and loudly announced that she'd done a wee-wee! But by the same token, parents if your kids are whinging, whinhing and weeping, please take them out of the cinema for a few minutes even if just to let the rest of us hear the film even though you're not!
5/10

Sydney_Bristow
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Old post count: 2337
Preferred Cinemas: Central London pretty please with sugar on top
I have tickets for: jaws 21
I haven't got tickets for: bon jovi - will do your laundry for em!
I don't want tickets for: documentaries coz I get bored easi....zzzzz

#168 Post by Sydney_Bristow » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:07 pm

So, typically, we ended up having to b*y 4 pairs of 3D glasses!!!!!!!! :wall:

Everyone was busy munching on their popcorn and snacks when the screen lit up with a big sign 'Please put on your 3D glassses now'. Errrrrrrr...PANIC! Film started..... Half the cinema randomly trotted out to get their glasses. Staff didn't seem to know that it was a 3D movie and hadn't bothered to offer anyone the glasses. Of course, they started selling them in spite of protests to the contrary. Very bad form.

Happily, the film was funny and sweet, my godchild and her bestie loved it as did did the big baby sitting next to me. :p Honestly, I feel old though - I don't remember Rapunzel being anything to do with a drop of sunshine...apart from her delightful personality, of course.

Anyways, 10/10 from 3 of us and 8/10 from me because I'm a tight cow when it comes to forking out for 3D specs at a free preview! :roll: (but don't let that reflect on the film, cause, frankly, it was ace! o/ ).

Oh yeah, btw, it was only 1/4 full!! Whats up with that? I expected more people and their mini me's!!

Member Number 69 of the 100 movies in 2019 Club. Lets see how we get on with this..... fingers crossed.

Sydney_Bristow
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Old post count: 2337
Preferred Cinemas: Central London pretty please with sugar on top
I have tickets for: jaws 21
I haven't got tickets for: bon jovi - will do your laundry for em!
I don't want tickets for: documentaries coz I get bored easi....zzzzz

#169 Post by Sydney_Bristow » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:10 pm

8 already, Spandex!!!!!!! Wow, you go girl!!!!! o/ o/

Oooh, let me just say, our two token kids were very, very well behaved!! It was the big baby who kept complaining because he wanted an egg mcmuffin from mcdonalds instead of popcorn. :p

Member Number 69 of the 100 movies in 2019 Club. Lets see how we get on with this..... fingers crossed.

weliveandbreathewords
Se7en
Se7en
Preferred Cinemas: Any Birmingham

#170 Post by weliveandbreathewords » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:28 pm

Saw this today with my bf, admittedly it probably was a bit too cheesy for him! but he enjoyed himself all the same(he sat through it like a good boy ;D)
I also got 2 tickets for my friend and her lilttle sister who wanted to see it, and all of us fell in love with pascal! We all want a chameleon now lmao ;D
Traditional disney cinematics, singing i wasnt expecting surprisingly but it tied in well, I strangely liked the old woman....reminded me of the old hag from snow white :o
I loved the twist they made on a classic tale, but as always, 3D wasnt needed, [spoiler]i dont know if its the same for anyone else but what was with the lantern scene? the '3D' was all over the place! no wonder i had a headache after D:[/spoiler]

from me and my bf 8/10

from amy and her sister 9/10

:)
Shadowhunters: Looking better in black than the widows of our enemies since 1234.
I am, after all, what you made me.
Formerly known as rawr_xoxo
Member No. 48 of the "100 free films in 2015" club. 35 SEEN!
Member No. 48 of the "100 free films in 2014" club. 34 SEEN!
Member No. 48 of the "100 free films in 2013" club. 120 SEEN!
Member No. 48 of the "100 free films in 2012" club. 111 SEEN.
Member No. 48 of the "100 free films in 2011" club. 77 SEEN.

I will be seeing: