"Wanted" Summary Necessary Or Helpful?

Ask questions, give feedback, discuss the site in general, etc
Ms Thrifty

"Wanted" Summary Necessary Or Helpful?

#1 Post by Ms Thrifty » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:39 am

Maybe it's just me but if I'm around when a new code comes out (or early AM afterwards when few others are online and there are still tickets), I get quite confused, going backwards and forwards between posts, trying to see who still wants what, when and where. Might it be helpful to have a sort of companion thread to the "Organiser", in exactly the same format, i.e. date, film, name, but for what people haven't got? Or would that just be an unnecessary complication because people would forget to update it?

AYBG
ASA NISI MASA
ASA NISI MASA
Old post count: 4439

Re: "Wanted" Summary Necessary Or Helpful?

#2 Post by AYBG » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:11 pm

A good idea in principle but that'd be far too hard to maintain....
Top 50 Poster!

Spanner

#3 Post by Spanner » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:26 pm

i think that's a great idea, how do you envisage it looking Ms T? like maybe the title of the film and then everyone who wants tickets for it posting their name and desired location underneath and deleting their post once they've got tickets? maybe you could trial it and see of it works or not.

Ms Thrifty

#4 Post by Ms Thrifty » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:55 am

Thank you for moving this, AYBG (presumably); I was thinking of asking, as although I thought about where to post it, I realised afterwards that it hadn't been the best choice. It's a shame you think it wouldn't work, but you're probably right. Is there any sort of compromise which would, though, as "Wanted" gets very congested and confusing at times? Particularly now, for instance, with so many people away for different lengths of time and with multiple preview dates for some films.